Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Web

Hi all and welcome to my first blogg. I hope you will return to this site over time and please feel free to share your thoughts.

I popped into the car today for the first time in a couple of days and as I was getting ready to drive off I noticed a spider had spun its web between the wing mirror and the door. Rather than knocking it away I figured I would let the slip stream dispose of it. Despite driving at the speed limit the web flexed and vibrated with the slip stream but in the main retained its anchor points and was still there when I parked.

So this set me to thinking that the web was a bit like people. When we have strong anchor points or structures of support we can be buffeted and undergo extreme pressure but we can survive quite a bit of what life throws at us. For many of us those points of support are family and friends and they help ground us and provide us with our basic needs of safety and security. They say man is not an island and I would tend to agree with that. No matter how often we think we can do it alone at some point we must reach out to others for support.

So today if someone reaches out to you for your help and asks you to provide them with an anchor point like the spiders web on my car you will have a choice to be that anchor or not.

I will end this first short sortie into blogging with a quote from Victor Frankl

"Everything can be taken from a man but ...the last of the human freedoms - to choose
one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."

By for now

ConsultantinaHat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home